STORY OF RASHMIKA SEWMINI ALWIS TPG (ARTIST)

Habitat: Elpitiya, Sri Lanka

Profession: Artist

Education: Visual Arts

Passion: Painting, Sketching, Visual Arts, Illustrations, Mobile Photography

Instagram ID: @rashmika_sewmini_alwis_


Hi Rashmika, from Sri  Lanka. I have loved drawing since I was a child. When I was a kid, I used to paint on the walls of my house, even in our backyard, and that was my beginning.

She was a teacher in a small rural preschool who paved the way for me to become a good artist. She taught me to draw with letters and numbers. Then I studied art at an ordinary level & advanced level.

I felt like it was not just another subject, it was like reading someone's subconscious. A very beautiful fantasy, a simple beautiful thing that turns deep at times. It is a meditation that I still experience with a free mind, as far as my degree is concerned.











No comments:

Post a Comment

STORY OF HOMAIRA MIM (ARTIST)

  Habitat: Chittagong, Bangladesh Profession: Artist Education: Honours Passion:  Arts Instagram ID: @ homairas_artistry_