STORY OF CHADRACK MAKANO (ARTIST)


 Habitat : Kampala, Uganda, East Africa

Profession : Artist
Passion : Drawing & Painting

Instagram ID : @makano_arts




I started drawing when I was 8 years old at school... Then in late 2018, I just took it seriously coz I felt like I needed to speak. I believed that society spoke and I felt like it was my job to actually reply. I chose Art to do that because it was the only way I understood the world. Whenever I read or wrote words I saw images. Then I said to myself "if this is the way I understand the world, I should use the same way to speak because it can understand it, then other people can understand it too". In that way, art became a loud voice for me, louder than my normal voice... Most of my artworks speak about social and political issues(problems, challenges) with the aim of connecting people and making a voice to the voiceless... Regarding my skills, I believed that "practice makes perfect". I just liked to do more practice to get to this point... I have never done any exhibition but before the end of this year, I plan to get involved in a group show in Kampala(Uganda) at @motivug and exhibit some of my artworks there... That's my journey, I'm just a full-time artist...














No comments:

Post a Comment

STORY OF HOMAIRA MIM (ARTIST)

  Habitat: Chittagong, Bangladesh Profession: Artist Education: Honours Passion:  Arts Instagram ID: @ homairas_artistry_